Pages

Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Come Live the GrizzLife with Me

Jumpstop: Trip’s over man, Wood dropped out.

Big Shot: Over? Did you say “over”? Nothing is over until we decide it is! Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor? Hell no!

Michael Edwards: Germans?

Jumpstop: Forget it, he’s rolling.

Big Shot: And it ain’t over now. ‘Cause when the goin’ gets tough… the tough get goin’! Who’s with me? Let’s go!

Big Shot runs to the car while Michael and Jumpstop hang back

Big Shot: What the f happened to the Grizz fans I used to know? Where’s the spirit? Where’s the guts, huh? This could be the greatest trip of our lives, but you’re gonna let it not happen. “Ooh, we’re afraid to go with you Bob, we might crash and die.” Well just kiss my ass from now on! Not me! I’m not gonna let this happen! Kevin Love, he’s a dead man! Al Jefferson, dead! Brian Cardinal…

Jumpstop: Dead! Big Shot’s right. Psychotic, but absolutely right. We gotta go support the Grizz against these bastards. Now we could do it conventionally and fly, but the flight could get cancelled and cost a lot of money. No, I think we have to go all out. I think that this situation absolutely requires a really futile and stupid drive be made to watch our Grizzlies.

Big Shot: We’re just the guys to do it.

Michael: Let’s do it.

Big Shot: Let’s do it!

Memphis fans, you might not know this, but I consider myself a bit of a loner. I tend to think of myself as one-man caravaner. But when Jumpstop suggested a road trip to Minneapolis, I knew he was one of my own. And my caravan… it grew by one. So there… there were two of us making a road-trip. I was driving places alone first, and then Jumpstop joined in later. And a week later, when Jumpstop suggested that Michael and Taylor come, I thought, “Wait a second, could it be?” And then I knew for sure, I had just added two more guys to my caravan. Four of us drivers were going to be driving through the Midwest to watch the Grizzlies, looking for Waffle Houses and caffeine pills!

But then tragedy struck: we lost Taylor, a casualty of an unexpected work-load. We can make this trip three-handed, and will if necessary, but a fourth would be ideal. Grizzlies fans, I offer you a rare opportunity to live the GrizzLife. If you can either be in Memphis at midnight on Friday or Nashville at 4 AM Saturday morning, we would love for you to be the fourth member of our Grizzly road-trip. I can offer you a free meal on the road, and all you will have to do is split the cost of gas with the other three of us, pay 20 dollars for your third-row seat, and take your shifts on the drive. E-mail me at robert.d.hoehn@vanderbilt.edu if you are interested.


Come and live the GrizzLife with me, you won't regret it.


Big Shot Bob

1 comment:

  1. The fictional self promotion in this segment is truly, truly astounding. But this trip is going to be legend..wait for it...dary...

    ReplyDelete