Pages

Wednesday, February 17, 2010

HUGE WIN to end losing streak!

Forgive me for not providing my keys to the game today. With a load of 3 tests in the next 5 days, I haven't had time for much except for hitting the books, but I did manage to catch the 4th quarter and overtime of the Grizz at Raptors, and what a ending it was. Down 5 inside a minute, I had a text typed out to Griesy saying "1-8 in the last 9. Looks like we're headed for another lottery pick." But something told me to not send it just yet. Out of the timeout, a clutch 3 by OJ (I'm becoming used to Juice hitting a shot whenever we need one), then a stop and fast break lay-up by Z-Bo, and we are tied. The Grizz stayed hot in O.T., going on to a 7 point victory in Toronto, who had won 8 straight at home. The surprising heroes of the 4th and O.T. were Conley and Gay. Conley looked like an All-Star point guard, getting into the lane and throwing dimes. The announcers on League-Pass were singing his praises, and for the first time in a while, I agreed with them. Rudy in O.T. couldn't be stopped. We ran the same play four times in a row, and Rudy converted on 3-4 chances. With Rudy's size and length, the Raptors had no one to guard him, and we cruised to a win.

If you had told me that Rudy would be the go-to, clutch performer in O.T. and Mike would look like an All-Star when it came down to crunch time, I would have called you stupid. I'm happy to be wrong and hope this huge win will propel us on.

Let's get this ball rolling again and string a bunch of victories together.

Go Grizz, Go USA

No comments:

Post a Comment